Sunday 22 May 2011

The Journey (according to Kev) !

For someone who hadn’t been out of Australia until the Warby ’07 trip to China I’m certainly making up for lost time.


When the idea of a UK/Europe trip was thrown around by Mike after our Tibet “ holiday “ I jumped at the chance - my reply was “ don’t bore me with the details, just tell me when do we leave and what’s the 
damage“.


The time is nigh, damn nigh, Mike and Monny less than a week and me just over 4 weeks.  I’m very confident that everything will flow smoothly because my input to the planning, bookings, flight reservations etc etc etc etc has been 5/8 of stuff all, zero, zilch, nothing, nought and sometimes even less. Mike has done a brilliant job in the field in which he excels, but mainly he realized that if we aimed  to get out of Australia he better take care of the details .


This is going to be the trip of a lifetime and I couldn’t think of a better person to spend 3 ½ months riding with than BIG MEGA [ hell do i have to put up with him for that long ].


To meet up with Viv and Linton and Kim for the France and Spain legs is going to be brilliant. Viv has been taking French lessons for a few months so she can do all the talking, I’ll do the  gesturing and the Big blokes can get us out of any scraps with the locals [ probably caused by my gesturing ]. Kim is the designated get- away driver.


To be able to see first  hand spectacular scenery I’ve only seen in travel shows and docos is going to be amazing and I’m so looking forward to it.


Hope anyone who takes the time to log into our Blog site will find our ramblings of some interest.

Best wishes to everyone.


Kev !

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kev,
    I think that I've worked out this Blog buisness. Hopefully I'll be able to follow your adventures around Europe now.Let me know if you receive this.
    Regards Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad someone has worked out this Blog business.
    Regards Bobbert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I am a blog expert expect many more.

    ReplyDelete