Wednesday 31 August 2011

Day 56 - Rest day Nurtringen

Finally some sleep or at least 4 hours worth as every place we stay at seems to a have an F1 race circuit outside our window.

A nothing day other than to catch up with emails do some shopping and impress the Great Western staff by doing some washing and drying clothes over the hotel balcony!

I took time out to take a swim in the hotels pool showing off my cycle tan that makes me look like I've caught some grotesque skin disease. My entrance into the pool area was pretty impressive as I attempted to walk through a glassed entrance that I had not seen - a quick retreat to the room was in order!

Kevs major excitement was trying to work out the Chinese menu for dinner that was in German - after 20 mins he'd identified 1 item by which time our hostess simply brought over the English menu.

So 1/2 way along the Neckar River route and looking forward to the remaining few days which will take us to Mannheim by cycle and then by train to Paris to join up with Viv, Linton and Kim

Some interesting scenery

No comments:

Post a Comment