Tuesday 23 August 2011

Kevs World !

Hi yooze lot ! With the first stage of the tour de epic completed and filed away it is now time to launch the Aussie assault on Europe!

I found the UK leg very tough on a no of days and it usually hinged on the proliferation of gorgeous balmy summer days cunningly disguised with rain and headwinds - and did I mention this bloody hills!

Litchfield's effort to destroy me on my birthday just about succeeded, I had about 132metres of cycling left in me when I reached John O'Groats!

I've been in Germany now for 8 days and in our car touring trips we have experienced some of the most spectacular scenery you could see anywhere in the world. From picturesque villages and mtns at ground level up to the amazing views from the cable car atop Mt Jenner and to the top of the Rossfeld panorama strasse taking in 360 degree views

Thx heaps fir the birthday greetings I really appreciate your thoughts, I'll contact everyone when I'm home to pick up my presents!

While on the subject happy birthday to Marysia who celebrated her 28th on the 22nd of August, she may in fact be younger!

This business of driving on the wrong side of the road has got whiskers on it wipers going off when I flick the blinkers, cars coming out of nowhere just tok damned stressful. Not as bad though as the first day when we left Munich airport and got on to the Autobahn and Litchy casually mentioned to stick in the left lane as it was the slow one. After about 2-3 kms I queried why are the trucks in the fast lane on my right and why do I have a queue about 1pm long of audis and bmws ready to rip my face off because the wanted to go at 600kmph - I moved over quickly!

We have now started our cycle trek to meet up with Viv Linton and Kim and that should be a hoot

Hope all are well and looking forward to the end if winter by the way has been between 30-35 in Germany - good riding!

Best wishes Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment